Monday, January 25

Bookish goals and challenges for 2016

Last year I was kind of lenient with challenges. I set myself a GoodReads goal of 80 books, which I completed, but other than that I didn't really do many reading challenges.
There were lots of times during the year when I felt slumpy and I went weeks without picking up a book. Even though I still managed to read a lot of books, I kind of wish I'd set myself a challenge or two to keep me motivated to read.
At the same time, I feel like most of my reading slumps were caused by my monthly TBRs. Every month I evaluated my TBR pile and chose which books I wanted to read the next month. The thing is, I'm not really sure this helped.

Bookish goals and challenges of 


I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm a very spontaneous person when it comes to reading, and the books I want to read are constantly changing due to the mood I encounter myself in when I go to pick my next book. My first goal is simple. No more monthly TBRs. This year I'll try to just read what I want to read when I finish a book. I'll still have my huge TBR pile up (which by the way, needs to be updated and restructured - I'm currently at over 200 books, and that's just madness), but I'll just stop doing monthly TBRs.
That being said, I do have a list of books and series I definitely want to read in 2016. Those will be posted soon.

As for the bookish challenges I'm hoping to achieve this year:

You can find out more about these challenges in my Challenges page.
What are your 2016 reading/bookish challenges? Let me know! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing Around the World in 2016 too! It's such a great challenge. Good luck to you! :)

    Erika @ Books, Stars, and the Pages in Between

    ReplyDelete