Tuesday, July 7

[Top Ten Tuesday] Hyped Books I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish, through which we share our top ten list on the weekly topic.


This week: Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

So there are a lot of hyped books I've never read, and there was no way I could make a top ten of them, because I really can't measure hype. So I decided to make a top ten of the hyped books I've got on my shelfs and I've never read. That way, I'll actually be able to sort through them in this century. Here they are, in no particular order.

1. Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn
I haven't really been in the mood for a psychological thriller. I've heard several different people whose opinions I trust and value raving about this book, so I'm sure I'll like it. Eventually. When I get to it.

2. The book thief, Markus Zuzak
I'm actually very curious about this one. The only reason I have yet to read it is because I don't own it, my sister does, and it is currently being borrowed by a friend of hers. Therefore, I imagine I'll read it soon.

3. The night circus, Erin Morgenstern
I feel really bad about not having read this one yet. Although it was a cover buy for me, I really became very curious about that incredibly vague synopsis. Everyone seems to love this, and I can't wait until I can read it and finally understand what it's all about.


4. The giver, Lois Lowry 
From what I understand, this seems to be an obligatory school reading in the US, or something like it, because everyone seems to have read this for school. I obviously didn't read it in school and I'm really interested in it, especially with the movie out now.

5. Shadow and bone, Leigh Bardugo
The Grisha trilogy seems to be getting a lot of great reviews, and I have yet to start it. I'm not really sure why, it looks like it is right up my alley, but when you have so many books to read, some just get forgotten, despite your original excitement to read them all. This looks like it has a kind of magical Russia theme to it, and I honestly can't wait to dive in.

6. The unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin
This is another one that has been on my TBR for ages, but I just haven't picked it up yet. I think mainly it was because I didn't want to start a new series when I already have so many to finish, but now I just have to. I'll make use of this summer and try to catch up on my series.



7. 1984, George Orwell
Okay, so this one I know exactly why I haven't read it yet. I don't know if I'm the only one to feel this way, but I'm always a tiny bit apprehensive when it comes to reading hugely famous books like this one. It is supposed to be a great book, but what if I don't like it? That happened when I read The Princess Bride (I still love the movie though) and I was so disappointed. I'm willing to give this a try (finally!) and I really hope it does the hype justice.

8. Vampire academy, Richelle Mead
I have the whole series sitting on my shelf and have yet to read a single book. I'm ridiculous.



9. Eleanor & Park, Rainbow Rowell
I like Rainbow. Her books are always light-hearted and funny. I've had this one on my TBR for a long time, and it's another one I can't really explain why I haven't yet read it. I'll do so soon.

10. Cinder, Marissa Meyer
And it's the second time this book makes it to a Top Ten Tuesday list. Looks like I'll have to start reading it soon.

 All images were obtained through GoodReads.

What are the hyped books you've never read? Have you also yet to read any of the books I've listed? Let me know! :)

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Grisha trilogy either - it's on my TBR list, but I've just not got round to it yet!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday.

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you, Claire. Unfortunately I have that issue with a lot of books, but I'm trying to get better! :)
      I'll be sure to check out your TTT!
      Thank you for stoping by. :)

      Delete
  2. You must read Shadow & Bone and Cinder, they're so so good :D especially Cinder because it's such an amazing twist on a classic :) Hope you get to read these soon!
    I've just followed you via GFC, would love a follow back :)

    Cody @ Literary-ly Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I just started Cinder and I love it! If Shadow & Bone is anywhere near as awesome I'm going to die of shame for not having read them sooner.
      Thank you so much, I'll be sure to follow you back! :)

      Delete