Tuesday, June 16

[Top Ten Tuesday] Books On My TBR For Summer 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created at The Broke and the Bookish, through which we share our top ten list on the weekly topic.

This week: Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015

So these are the books I'm planning on reading this Summer. As always with my reading predictions, I probably will end up not reading all of these, but I really hope I do. I also have exams until mid-July so I won't be able to read much until then.

1. A song of ice and fire series, George R. R. Martin
I read the first book and I've been following the TV show. Honestly, back when I read the first book I wasn't really blown away. I mean, the story was great, the writing was okay, but I didn't really feel overwhelmed like other people were describing. Then I started understanding all the layering and double meanings and clues that were thrown in that first novel alone and I came to love this story. I honestly cannot wait to finish these books so that I can then properly discuss theories and predictions.

2. Lola and the boy next door, Stephanie Perkins
Anna and the french kiss was that kind of fluffy feel-good romance I'm always craving during summer. I'm expecting Lola to go down the same way.

3. Percy Jackson and the last Olympian, Rick Riordan
This one has been in my TBR for so long, I'm kind of ashamed I have yet to read it. Percy is honestly so great I feel kind of bad for finishing the series, so I've been dragging it out and savouring it. But enough is enough. It needs to happen. It will happen. This summer.



4. Magonia, Maria Dahvana Headley 
This is a relatively new release that has really caught my eye. The premise alone sounds awesome, and that cover is gorgeous, so I can't wait to dive in.

5. Just one day, Gayle Forman
I read the If I stay duology and I really really liked it. I'm counting on this one to be equally emotionally draining, and I'm looking forward to reading it. I know nothing of what it is about, and since I went into both If I stay and Where she went this way and ended up loving them, I hope to have the same kind of experience this time. 

6. The shining, Stephen King
I've been wanting to read this for so long, you have no idea. I started it last year, I think, and I got half-way through, but then I put it down and never picked it up again. I have no idea why. This will be my debut into the horror genre, and I remember I was enjoying it before I put it down, so I'm excited to try something a little out of my comfort zone.



7. Crown of midnight, Sarah J. Maas
Okay, so I read Throne of Glass earlier this year. I liked it, but I didn't love it. However, lots of people have been pushing me to read the next instalment, especially now, with the fourth one coming out this fall (I think). So I thought I'd give it a shot. Everyone has been saying the series gets better with every instalment, so I hope I'll enjoy it.

8. Dreams of Gods and Monsters, Laini Taylor
You guys, I'm so hyped for this one! I've been loving this series, and I'm so excited to see how it ends! The only reason why I have not read this yet is because this is a beast of a book, and my experience with the other instalments is that when I start reading I can't put it down until I've reached the end. And I could not tempt myself to read all night during exams period.



9. Eon, Alison Goodman
This duology has had me intrigued for a very long time. I've not heard too much about it, it seems only one or two of the people I know and follow have read it, but all the feedback I've read is positive. Plus, this has a Mulan sort of feel to it and I love Mulan.

10. Cinder, Marissa Meyer
Yes, I know, I have yet to read this. Scandal! It seems like everyone is raving about this and going crazy over the last book being published later this year. Therefore I decided to check it out, and I really hope I like it.

 All images were obtained through GoodReads.

What are you planning on reading this summer? Are you interested in reading any of the books I've listed? Let me know! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled you love Laini Taylor's series! I just got Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I'm really looking forward to it! The Shining is of course on my TBR too, as is Cinder! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really really do. Laini Taylor is an awesome writer, and the world she created in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series is wonderful. Trust me, you won't regret reading it.
      The Shining has been on my TBR for so long, I'm a bit ashamed! :)
      Thank you so much, happy reading for you too!

      Delete