Thursday, October 29

[Review] Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles, #0,5) - Marissa Meyer

Author: Marissa Meyer
Original Title: Glitches
Publisher: Tor Books
Release Date: January 18th, 2012
Finished Date: August 1st, 2015
Pages: 32
Read in: English


Synopsis
Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. In Glitches, a short prequel story to Cinder, we see the results of that illness play out, and the emotional toll that takes on Cinder. Something that may, or may not, be a glitch…

Source: GoodReads


Rating

There won't be any spoilery bits to this review as it is such a short novella.

This was very bittersweet. In a way I loved it, because even though it made me very sad it gave insight into Cinder's childhood as well as her friendship with both Iko and Peony. But at the same time, it was so short. And it made me so mad at Adri. I can't even, you guys. This series is taking over my life.
I always feel very strongly for characters when they're children, especially if there's any kind of abuse involved. Reading this and seeing first hand how Adri psychologically abused Cinder was awful. The part where she decides to be useful and puts Iko back together was so sad. And then that ending with Garan where Iko and Cinder have that first friendship moment left me a bit hollow inside.

This is really very short, and if you have read Cinder, I suggest you read it - it won't take long, and it'll provide some background on Cinder's character.

Click here to see my review of Cinder:

Have you read this? What did you think? Let me know! :)

2 comments:

  1. Completely agree, this novella was short and bittersweet! It really gets the blood boiling, especially with Adri, and it lets you see exactly what Cinder's been through!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And even though we still don't know much about Garan, what we do get to know made my heart hurt.

      Delete