Tuesday, June 2

[Review] The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) - Rick Riordan

Author: Rick Riordan
Original title: The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
Publisher: Disney Hyperion Books
Release date: Januray 1st, 2007
Finished date: March 11th, 2015
Pages: 320
Read in: English

Synopsis
When Percy Jackson receives an urgent distress call from his friend Grover, he immediately prepares for battle. He knows he'll need his powerful demigod allies at his side; his trusty bronze sword, Riptide; and... a ride from his mom.
The demigods reace to the rescue to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two new powerful half-bloods, whose parentage is unknown. But that's not all that awaits them. The Titan lord, Kronos, has set up a devious trap, and the young heroes have just fallen prey.
Hilarious and action-packed, this third adventure in the series finds Percy faced with his most dangerous challenge yet—the chilling prophecy of the Titan's curse.
Source: GoodReads

Final Rating: ★★★★ out of 5

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - I wish I had read this when I was younger. It’s not that I cannot completely appreciate Percy Jackson at 21, it’s just that I feel like this series was missing in my childhood. Maybe if I had read this when I was 12 and waiting for the next Harry Potter release, - yes, because Harry Potter was all I read when I was 12 - I would have found another thing to fangirl and obsess about.

This was another awesome adventure in the Olympian world. I’m going to be really sad when I end this series. It was action-packed and so exciting, I found myself on the edge of my seat several times. Highly recommended! 

The following extended review contains spoilers
If you have not yet read the book and/or do not wish to be spoiled, please do not read any further.


The first thing I must mention is Percy’s sense of humour. His personality is pure comedic genius with a touch of sassiness - I just can’t help but laugh out loud.
«Hey, Grover! I thought. Thorn’s kidnapping us! He’s a poisonous spike-throwing maniac! Help!»
One thing I really love about this series, is that while it is a fun, easy and exciting read, it also manages to satirize the selfishness and pigheadedness of the Greek Gods.
«If my dad was in a good mood, and listening, he might help. Maybe.»
I was also looking forward to reading about Apollo, Artemis and her Hunters. I wondered from the first book which role they would play, but I didn’t really think it would be such a big one. Artemis and Apollo’s relationship was just like normal sibling banter, which made it so fun to read about.
And then Zoë, of course. I came to care so much about her - and I didn’t even actually realise it until the very end. Zoë made this book awesome in my opinion. Thalia and her childish behaviour was getting old, to be honest, and it was a relief to see that someone wouldn’t put up with her just because they felt bad she’d been a tree for so long. She was also honest with Dionysus, which both I as the reader and the rest of the characters almost thanked her on their knees for.
«“Are you suggesting that the gods have trouble acting together, young lady?” Dionysus asked. 
“Yes, Lord Dionysus.”Mr D. nodded.
“Just checking. You’re right, of course. Carry on.”»
This was a great instalment, and reading it only made me wonder what’s to come.
And honestly - Percy and Annabeth need to happen. Yesterday.





«“You did well,” she said. “For a man.”
I wanted to protest. But then I realised it was the first time she hadn’t called me a boy.»

What did you think? Let me know! :)


2 comments:

  1. Hallo, i only read the 1º and the 2º but i like them a lot. Now i'm reading the same book as you "Outlender", a big bokk but i like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Percy is amazing! You should read the next volumes. :)
      I'm also enjoying Outlander, but it's so huge I have no idea when I'll finish.

      Delete